We Need You! |
AMP has created a FTP site whose purpose is to make your uploads easier. For security reasons our FTP is set to blind mode so that explains why you cannot "see" the files you have just uploaded. We invite you to provide AMP's staff with anything related to the Amiga scene. We are of course seeking for previews, non-released, old and new modules as well as scanned pictures and utilities. If possible, check the module list available in the Download page so that you don't send us audio files we already host. If some of your modules have the same name but are different in size from the ones we have then please send them to us anyway because we collect long and short versions of ALL modules.
AMP is also interested in all the internal member lists and Amiga Demos, Packs, Diskmags, etc.. you may have. We wish you to contact us before uploading them because we have gathered quite a few already.
Please read the following lines before you upload anything:
- If you intend to upload modules then we suggest you to make a separate zip file for each author (ex. Heatbeat.zip, Groo.zip), so that we know which mods belong to whom. If you don't have time to create separate zip files then upload a zip file with your name and email address (ex. uploads_performer.zip) so that we can get in touch with you if some of the packed files are truncated. Make sure that the zip file you are about to upload is not broken.
- The access is in blind mode: that means that you can upload files but you cannot choose the directory where you upload your files nor see the content of the current directory. Else you will get a but "failed to open directory" error message.
- If you want to upload a scanned picture please make sure that it has the handle of the musician as file name (ex. Razmo.JPG). Multiple scanned pictures upload should also be zipped as it eases our work (ex. Mantronix_pics.zip).
- Do NOT upload any illegal material please.
- Scene demos can be uploaded as DMS or ADF files. Ask for our demo list if you wish to know what productions we have in our possession.
Your support helps us preserve the scene material and makes it possible for anyone to find out what the Amiga music scene really is about. It's our common capital. No matter how small your contribution may be, it's IMPORTANT to us!
Follow this simple procedure and log yourself in to our 24/7 ftp server:
Password: if you're asked, put anything
- If you encounter problems when uploading files to the ftp then please follow this little procedure to use the command line ftp client under MS Windows:
Connected to amp.dascene.net.
220 Welcome to amp.dascene.net FTP service.
Username (amp.dascene.net:(none)) : anonymous
331 Please specify the password.
200 Switching to Binary mode.
ftp> mput yourfile.zip
ftp> mput mod*.zip
If you need to change your current local directory use "lcd" (acronym for local change directory) followed by the name of the directory, let's say your files are in d:\Data\Mods\4Amp\:
ftp> lcd d:\data\mods\4amp\
then upload your file(s) by issuing the command "mput"
ftp> mput mods*.zip
Once you finished uploading the files, type "bye" to disconnect, that's all